Username:

Password:

Forgot Password? / Help
Hide
/
Show Navbar

Home forums Kitchen Sync "The Thinker"

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Radley Briggs 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

J lens
    Participant

Today I have been randomly syncing with the famous “Thinker” statue, as I keep seeing and thus posting unrelated articles where the main picture is a person sitting in a similar position. This led me of course to the wiki page for the statue, as my spidey sync senses usually do, and it was interesting to learn of the following:

” Originally named The Poet (French: Le Poète), the Thinker was initially a figure in a large commission, begun in 1880, for a doorway surround called The Gates of Hell. Rodin based this on The Divine Comedy of Dante, and most of the many figures in the work represented the main characters in the epic poem. Some critics believe The Thinker, at the centre of the composition over the doorway and at about 70 cm high larger than most other figures, was originally intended to depict Dante at the gates of Hell, pondering his great poem. However, there are questionable aspects to this interpretation, including that the figure is naked, Dante is fully clothed throughout his poem, and that the figure, as used, in no way corresponds to Dante’s effete figure.[1] The sculpture is nude, as Rodin wanted a heroic figure in the tradition of Michelangelo, to represent intellect as well as poetry.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thinker

Anyone else feeling this, or have you ever had any Thinker syncs before ? :)

J lens
    Participant
    Eddie Lin
    Eddie Lin
    Participant

The Thinker reminds me of that fateful day when I realized there was no toilet paper…

J lens
    Participant

Eddie, did you just Fnord my very serious sync post here ? lol :p ……
    FNORD !

Zach Tron
    Zach Tron
    Participant

Gates of Hell

Philadelphia:Halfway Between Logan Circle and the Museum of Art is the Rodin Museum. A Parisian styled almost mausoleum/museum that is The Gates of Hell.

In addition to the famous “Thinker” There is a miniature “Thinker” on the gates of hell.
    The doors of the Museum are called Gates of Hell.

The Gates of Hell is actually a mental projection of the Larger “Thinker”

Examining the posture of the thinker we see how bad and contorted and crossed it is.
    We know that there are many adverse physical effects of bad posture and that it can be detrimental.

Posture also affects your frame of mind and your frame of mind can affect your posture. So, when you are well, feeling happy and on top of things, posture tends to be upright and open. In contrast, people who are depressed and in chronic pain, often sit or stand slumped.

Good posture in sitting and standing makes it easier to breathe fully and naturally, helping both relaxation and concentration.

It seems the thinker is all messed up and as a result we see the projection of war and famine and murder and people eating each other. Absolute torment and misery.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Very nice Zach! I like your photo, Eddie and Johanna, i made a function to be able to upload a photo. Click on the blank picture in the sidebar and then on Edit, at the middle of the page i’ve put an upload button. That’s pretty weird because i want to like your posts but it’s maybe a bad habbit in the end.

Zach Tron
    Zach Tron
    Participant

Thank you! I can’t help but notice reply number 11642? haha oh man. I guess We just have to like with our words.

Eddie Lin
    Eddie Lin
    Participant

Rodin’s 1880 Gates Of Hell definitely goes well with my Obama / Scalia / Cuba 88 post. Check it out if you have a chance, things are syncing up and getting creepy.

J lens
    Participant

So get this: I was out on a drive with a friend upstate, and there was this random brick building that had this neat courtyard with a bunch of weird sculptures (the home of a sculptor we assumed), and this was the entrance to his courtyard….

Talk about a syncy day with the Gates of Hell ! LOL

The Flaming Lips – “Ego Trpping at the Gates of Hell”
    From ‘Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots’

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshimi_Battles_the_Pink_Robots

JimboGTR
    JimboGTR
    Participant

I’m 99% sure I saw the original in Paris at the Musee D’Orsay in ’09….and I lived in Philly at the time (07-10)…so, yes I would call that a sync, albeit minimal.

Radley Briggs
    Participant

This is a must see on this topic, Ras Ben from the Free Your Mind Conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4QonuNC5u0

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.